Get the health care support you need from the comfort of your home with two types of virtual visits:
Medical Virtual Visits
Getting sick is never convenient. When you don't feel well or your child is sick, you may not be able to leave your home or office to go to the doctor’s office. With medical virtual visits, you and your eligible dependents can consult a doctor online for your urgent health care needs.
How it works
- You have access to a licensed board-certiﬁed doctor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
- You have no cost if you are enrolled in HealthSelect of Texas®, HealthSelectSM Out-of-State or HealthSelectSM Secondary - that means you will have 100% coverage for medical virtual visits under your plan for medical services (excluding mental health care)
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect participants will be required to meet their annual deductible before virtual visits are covered, subject to the coinsurance for those plans after deductible is met (COVID-19 related care is covered at no cost to the participant)
- You can choose between Doctor On Demand and MDLIVE *
What can be treated
Doctors can provide general health treatment and pediatric care for the following conditions:
- Bladder and urinary tract infections
- Cold and flu
- Ear problems
- Sore throat
Mental Health Virtual Visits
Consult a licensed mental health professional any day of the week online. A mental health virtual visit is similar to an outpatient visit to a mental health provider’s office but the visit is conducted online (video conference only, telephonic not available).
How it works
- You must make appointments in advance – appointments are typically available within 5-7 days on average, but could take up to two weeks
- You get to choose the duration of the appointment
- Only psychiatrists are able to prescribe medication, if deemed necessary and appropriate, but will not prescribe controlled substances
- Benefits apply based on the mental health in-office visit benefit as follows:
- HealthSelect of Texas and HealthSelect Out-of-State: $25 copay then 100%
- HealthSelect Secondary: 70% of the allowable amount after the annual deductible is met
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect: 80% of the allowable amount after the annual deductible is met
What can be treated
Licensed mental health professionals can provide treatment for:
- Anger Management
- Substance Abuse
- Trauma and Loss
* In the event of an emergency, this service should not take the place of an emergency room or urgent care center. MDLIVE and Doctor On Demand doctors do not take the place of your primary care doctor. MDLIVE and Doctor On Demand are independent companies that provide virtual visit services for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. Virtual Visits, Powered by MDLIVE may not be available on all plans. Virtual Visits are subject to the terms and conditions of your benefit plan, including benefits, limitations, and exclusions. MDLIVE and Doctor On Demand operate and administer the virtual visit program and are solely responsible for their operations and that of their contracted providers. MDLIVE and the MDLIVE logo are registered trademarks of MDLIVE, Inc. and may not be used without written permission.
The telemedicine services made available through Doctor On Demand are provided by licensed physicians practicing within a group of independently owned professional practices collectively known as “Doctor On Demand Professionals”. These professional practices provide services via the Doctor On Demand telehealth platform. Doctor On Demand, Inc. does not itself provide any physician, mental health or other healthcare provider services. MDLIVE is not an insurance product nor a prescription fulfillment warehouse. MDLIVE does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. MDLIVE and Doctor On Demand do not prescribe DEA-controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs that may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. MDLIVE physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. Internet/Wi-Fi connection is needed for computer access. Data charges may apply when using your tablet or smartphone. Check your phone carrier’s plan for details. MDLIVE operates subject to state regulations and may not be available in certain states. Non-emergency medical service in Idaho, Montana, New Mexico and Oklahoma is limited to interactive audio/video (video only), along with the ability to prescribe. Non-emergency medical service in Arkansas is limited to interactive audio/video (video only) for initial consultation, along with the ability to prescribe. Service availability depends on location at the time of consultation.