Mental Health Virtual Visits Available Now
If you are enrolled in HealthSelectSM of Texas, Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM or HealthSelectSM Out-of-State, you can always see a licensed mental health professional by scheduling an in-office visit.
However, if an office visit is not convenient, you can now meet a provider from the comfort of your home or office by scheduling a mental health virtual visit. With this option, you have access to a broader network of mental health professionals online. And, you have access any day and any time of the week, including on the weekends and in the evenings.
Mental health virtual visits are offered through Doctor On Demand® and MDLIVE® and are covered at the same benefit level as a network mental health office visit.
- You must make appointments in advance. Appointments are typically available within five to seven days, on average, but could take up to two weeks.
- You get to choose the duration of the appointment.
- Only psychiatrists can prescribe medication, if deemed necessary and appropriate, but will not prescribe controlled substances.
- Benefits apply based on the in-network mental health office visit benefit as follows:
- HealthSelect of Texas and HealthSelect Out-of-State: $25 copay, then 100% covered
- Consumer Directed HealthSelect: 80% of the allowable amount after the annual deductible is met
What can be treated
Licensed mental health professionals can provide treatment for:
- anger management,
- substance abuse,
- trauma and loss,
Article Source: ERS News About Your Benefits Newsletter